- Polyethylene laminated over saturated crepe paper tape offers excellent chemical resistance
- Helps protect surfaces from many solvent and water based solutions
- High tack rubber adhesive sticks and seals across a variety of surfaces
- Removes cleanly from most opaque surfaces for up to three months of outdoor exposure
- Good quick stick and tape tears by hand
Scotch® Solvent Resistant Masking Tape 226 is a black polyethylene film laminated over saturated crepe paper that has excellent resistance against a wide range of damaging chemicals. The polyethylene backing is resistant to many solvents, water solutions and emulsions and paint strippers of the wax-base type and the mild caustic solution solvent-emulsion type.
Helps protect your metal, plastic and painted surfaces
Solvent Resistant Masking Tape 226 has excellent weathering properties up to three months on most surfaces. It is heat resistant up to 225oF (107oC) for 30 minutes bake.
This tape features a natural rubber adhesive with quick stick, good holding power and clean removal. It is designed with controlled stretch and tear to help provide excellent handling and performance.
What is Masking Tape?
- Sealing and protection of metal, plastic and painted surfaces
- Masking operations involving solvent and water based solutions in the aerospace industry
- Hot air leveling of printed circuit boards
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.