- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Secure L-clip closure for full overlap (FOL), tuck-type boxes or other non-standard boxes
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most corrugated, especially recycled corrugated fiberboard (cardboard)
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
With a polypropylene backing that resists abrasion, moisture, scuffing and breaks, try Scotch® Filament Tape 8988. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for securing recycled corrugated boxes, bundling pipe or reinforcing large bulk containers, Scotch® Filament Tape 8988 is a high-strength, reliable and affordable solution for product and package integrity.
Ideal for L-Clip closure applications
The World's Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
- L-Clip closure
- Metal and pipe bundling
- High strength reinforcing
- Heavy duty strapping
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.