- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Modified synthetic rubber adhesive provides better adhesion than natural rubber adhesives and bonds well to metals and oily surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for pipe wrapping applications
- Excellent performance in the roughest shipping and handling conditions
- Excellent aging before and after application maximizes tape life
- Customizable and can be printed on with print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities
For applications requiring adhesion to oily surfaces, use our Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for bundling and wrapping applications on heavy gauge metals or applications that might become exposed to gas or oil. It offers long-term holding power, very-high tensile strength, and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
Bonds well to Oily Surfaces
Designed to perform when exposed to gas and oil, Scotch® Filament Tape 890MSR
(PDF, 21 Kb) is an industrial-strength tape used in a variety of metalworking applications. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing that provides exceptional tensile strength, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application. Its pressure sensitive, modified synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to provide good adhesion and long-term holding power on metal surfaces. It is customizable and can be printed on with a print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities.
The World's Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
- Containing steel bands or wires used for armoring flexible flow lines, risers and umbilicals
- Backing and reinforcement for dynamic or static sub-sea applications under tension
- Coil tabbing and metal panel splicing
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
- Sealing and palletizing cartons
- Bundling PVC and rebar
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.