- 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape forms an exceptional bond with glass which can help minimize consumer related warranty issues
- Mounting pins are applied at the glass manufacturer and heat cured, often through the autoclave process
- Helps improve process efficiency by supplying pre-taped components ready for application to the windshield
- Pressure sensitive adhesive feature ensures fixturing of components immediately upon application to glass
- Provides manufacturing flexibility for manual and automated processes with the availability of multiple packaging options
- Self-contained tape and hardware system can help to reduce scrap, in-plant labor and inventory costs
Pin 01 with 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape is a permanent solution for attaching mounting pins to retain sensor farm brackets to automotive glass. 3M™ Structural Bonding Tapes are formulated for bonding of rear view mirror buttons or other hardware parts to automotive windshield glass.
3M™ Structural Bonding Tape is formulated for bonding of rear view mirror buttons and other hardware to automotive windshield glass
Pin 01 with 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape is a permanent solution for attaching mounting pins to retain sensor farm brackets to automotive glass. The pins are supplied pre-taped and ready for use at the glass tiers. This tape is applied as a pressure-sensitive tape, and then heat-cured to develop structural strength.
Formulated for Bonding Components to Glass
3M™ Structural Bonding Tape is formulated for bonding of rear view mirror buttons and other hardware to automotive windshield glass. It is applied as a pressure sensitive tape, and then heat-cured to develop structural strength. This 0.62mm thick, black tape has a polyethylene film, polyester film or paper liner. It forms in die-cuts or rolls. This tape is self-fixturing, cures during the windshield autoclaving process and changes color from black to matte gray, indicating degree of cure.
Learn more about 3M Automotive Products
3M Structural Bonding Tape Enables Easier Application
- Rear view mirror bonding
- Automotive component attachment
A special advantage of 3M™ Structural Bonding Tapes, compared to other attachment methods, is the easy handling, positioning and application to clean glass surfaces offered by the 2-sided pressure sensitive properties in the uncured state. After curing, the tapes provide robust structural bonding performance and good resistance to environmental conditions (heat, humidity, hot water, cold, cold shock). 3M SBT provides good bond to clear glass as well as to black ceramic frits. To achieve full wet-out with the adhesive, the surfaces of the windshield and the hardware part need to have a good fit to each other.
Learn more about 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes