- Coliform results in 24 hours.
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating the time-consuming, cumbersome step of preparing media/agar dishes.
- Unique plate design to trap the gas produce by coliform
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #996.02 for Dairy products and NF VALIDATION certificate: 3M-01/7-03/99 for Human food products by AFNOR Certification.
- Food processors and contract labs worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ High-Sensitivity Coliform Count Plate accommodates 5 mL samples and detection of low levels of confirmed coliforms in 24 hours.
- 1) Inoculate - 3M Petrifilm High Sensitivity Coliform Count Plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
- 2) Incubate - The space saving design minimizes incubator space requirements.
- 3) Interpret - Count the colonies. An indicator dye in the plate colors Gram-negative colonies red and the top film traps gas produced by the coliforms. Simply count red colonies that are associated with gas bubbles as coliforms.
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.