It’s a pervasive problem for patients and providers. Venous leg ulcers (VLUs), the most common type of lower extremity wound, afflict approximately 1% of the western population and burden the healthcare system.¹ But there’s hope. Through better therapies and best practices — we can help put patients back on their feet.
1. O’Meara S, Cullum N, Nelson EA, Dumville JC. Compression for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012.
2. Rice, J. B., Desai, U., Cummings, A. K. G., Birnbaum, H. G., Skornicki, M., & Parsons, N. (2014). Burden of venous leg ulcers in the United States. Journal of medical economics, 17(5), 347-356.)
3. Finlayson K, et al. Predicting the likelihood of venous leg recurrence: The diagnostic accuracy of a newly developed risk assessment tool. Int Wound. 2018: 1-9.
4. Weller C, Buchbinder R, Johnston R. Interventions for helping people adhere to compression treatments for venous leg ulceration (Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;9.
5. Nelson EA, Bell-Syer SE. Compression for preventing recurrence of venous ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 9.
6. Harding K. Challenging passivity in venous leg ulcer care – the ABC model of management. Int Wound J. 2016; doi: 10.1111/iwj.1260.
The Coban 2 Two-layer compression system provides therapeutic compression which has been shown to reduce edema and pain and improve daily activities. Plus, because the bandages are low-profile and comfortable to wear, patients are more likely to wear them longer.⁷
VLU healing rate
In two retrospective analyses, Coban 2 Two-Layer Compression System illustrated increased healing rates compared to two other compression systems. Curious to learn more?
See the Study
Quality of Life
In a retrospective analysis, Coban 2 Two-Layer Compression showed better healing rates compared to multi-layer bandage systems. Curious to learn more?
See the Study
Where practice meets perspective
Get practical tips and education from global leaders in advanced wound care.
7. Yang D. Vandongen YK, Stacey MD. Effects of exercise on calf muscle pump function in patients with chronic disease. Dr J Surg. 1999;86:338-41.
Whether it is developing a deeper understanding of the lymphatic system and edema or learning about venous leg ulcer best practices and compression therapy, these videos provide practical tips and education from global thought leaders in advanced wound care.