- Ergonomic design enables loading and unloading of filter capsules at waist height, resulting in minimal fluid spills when handling spent capsules (production and multi-round models only)
- Vertical flow path allows effective utilization of the filter media
- Vertical orientation saves floor space
- Available translucent plastic shell allows detection of the liquid level for real time monitoring of the filtration process
- Solid core design with fully encapsulated shell eliminates the need for a stainless steel housing and the post-filtration cleaning and validation steps
3M™ Encapsulated Production Systems can be pivoted to the horizontal position for ergonomic loading and unloading at waist height and to the vertical position for filtration. This means operators do not have to lift capsules above their heads and risk exposure to fluid spills when handling used capsules and drastically reduce the time it takes to change out filter cartridges.
Vertical flow path allows effective utilization of the filter media
We preserved the vertical flow path design in our 3M™ Encapsulated System that has been proven effective for depth filtration in traditional cartridge and stainless steel housing systems. This design helps to provide consistent performance during the transition from traditional cartridges to single—use systems.
When faced with the challenges of filtration for the bioprocessing industry, where upstream cell culture clarification or downstream impurity removal is required, the 3M™ Encapsulated Production Systems meet this challenge and with an ergonomic, space—saving assembly. The 3M Encapsulated Systems consist of three configurations; a pilot system that is ideal for scale—up studies, and two production systems that are designed for production scale bio-manufacturing.
Either single stage or two—stage depth filtration can be performed within the same Encapsulated Production System. The Encapsulated Production Systems have a built—in torque limiter that will signal that the assembly is properly sealed. Our Encapsulated systems for production scale bio manufacturing go the full measure of utility with ergonomically designed hardware that can be pivoted between horizontal and vertical positions. This innovative feature allows for fast and convenient loading and unloading at waist height, small footprint during filtration and storage, minimal fluid spills during unloading, and effective utilization of the filter media.
Zeta Plus™ Encapsulated System
Your Innovation Filtration Station
The standard Encapsulated System capsules are made with a translucent plastic that allows manufacturing technicians a view of the in-process liquid level without having to interrupt the process. Another time saving feature is our self-guiding locking mechanism that provides fast and robust capsule-to-capsule connection. We offer our customers a choice of Encapsulated Systems that can be used with either our high performance Zeta Plus media or our innovative Emphaze™ capsules.
Learn more about Zeta Plus™ Filtration
(PDF, 1.34 Mb)
- Clarification of mammalian cell culture harvest
- Protection of downstream processes including membrane filters and chromatography columns
- Clarification of bacteria, yeast and insect cell lysates
- Host Cell Protein (HCP) reduction
- Virus and DNA reduction
- Endotoxin and nucleic acid reduction
- Reduction of anti—foaming agents
- Clarification of colloidal and haze forming contaminants
To provide consistent performance from bench scale to production scale, single—use scale—up capsules are available for media grade selection and filter sizing. Combined with these small scale capsules, the 3M™ Encapsulated Production System offers a completely single—use solution to process from 0.5 L to 2500+ L of liquid.