- Bonds to rough or highly irregular surfaces, where a conformable tape is required
- Developed using the technology of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape
- Demonstrates excellent initial adhesion and static performance works even when surfaces are uneven
- Versatility allows application to many substrates used for automotive parts, often without special surface treatment
- Exhibits good workability due to high tape modulus, ease of cutting and wet-out
- The possibility of staining the bonded surfaces is reduced because it is made of a high molecular weight acrylic material
- Tape excels in extreme weather and heat
- Provides solvent resistance
3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5076 is a 0.5 mm thick, black, acrylic foam tape used in the attachment of wire harness assemblies to automobile headliners, attaching interior trim, bonding impact relaxation pads to door panels, bonding of cellular urethane, polystyrene and polypropylene parts and similar applications.
Can be applied to many substrates used for automotive parts, often without special surface treatment
Ideal Tape for Rough and Irregular Surfaces
Manufactured for challenging surfaces, 3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5076
(PDF, 71.56 Kb) is a single-sided acrylic foam tape with excellent initial adhesion, heat resistance and durability compared with conventional butyl sealing tape. Common uses include bonding to rough or highly irregular surfaces, sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required.
Based on the Proven Capabilities of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape
3M Wire Harness Tape 5076 has been developed using the technology of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape, which has been used for vehicle interior and exterior part attachment for more than forty years. Our tape is constructed with a transparent polyester film and a pressure sensitive acrylic foam adhesive.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Bonding of cellular urethane, polystyrene and polypropylene parts
- Securing wire harnesses to headliners
- Bonding impact relaxation pads to door panels
- Attaching interior trim
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5076.
See more Wire Harness Tapes