- Material can be cut to size for customized lengths and weights
- Lead-free composite material is more environmentally friendly than lead weights
- One product replaces dozens of clip-on weights to simplify inventory needs
- Corrosion-free product enables maintenance of expensive wheels and enhances overall vehicle appearance
- Elimination of clip-on weights improves wheel appearance by hiding wheel weights
- Uses industry-proven 3M™ Attachment Tape technology for dependable attachment
- Precision cut-to-length weights improve wheel balance and vehicle ride quality
A black version of our flexible, conformable lead-free, corrosion free wheel weight system, 3M™ Wheel Weight PN55428, Black, 6mm x 20mm uses 3M technology to ensure adhesion to wheels. With its roll good design, PN55428 reduces inventory and cost of ownership by eliminating individual parts.
A more environmentally friendly alternative to lead wheel weights
Unleaded: 3M Does its Part
Our wheel weights are made from a non-lead composite material. According to the EPA, approximately 1.6 million pounds of lead wheel weights are lost in the United States when they fall off during normal driving conditions. These weights can enter the environment in a variety of ways, including being washed into storm sewers or gathered during street cleaning and disposed of in landfills. A growing number of jurisdictions are introducing and passing legislation that bans the use of lead wheel weights. This lead-free, composite material provides a more environmentally friendly alternative without sacrificing performance. In addition to environmental benefits, 3M Wheel Weights also resist the corrosion that is common with lead weights, which enhances overall tire appearance.