- A constrained layer damper in versatile tape format for automotive applications
- Reduces resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metal, plastic panels and support structures
- Viscoelastic PSA polymer applies quickly and easily to automotive plastics and metals
- Converts vibration to negligible heat, reducing vibration amplitudes and structure-borne noise
- Usable from -32º to 110º C (-25º to 230º F) with peak damping from 0º to 60º C (32º to 140º F)
- Polycoated kraft (PCK) paper liner provides die-cutting capabilities
3M™ Vibration Control Tape CL1151 is designed to reduce noise and vibration in automotive applications. A 0.13 mm pressure sensitive viscoelastic polymer applies easily at room temperature to a range of metals and plastics, and a stiff 0.25 mm aluminum foil backing allows it to dissipate vibration into negligible heat. Versatile material holds up under a wide range of temperatures.
Consist of a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer and aluminum foil constraining layer
Effective Automotive Vibration Control in an Easy-to-Use Tape
Developed specifically as a constrained layer damper, our 3M™ Vibration Control Tape CL1151 is a lightweight (830 g/m²) solution for reducing resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metals, plastic panels and support structures in automotive applications. This vibration control tape features a 0.13 mm pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer that applies quickly and easily at room temperature to automotive substrates. This polymer has been tested for its tensile strength as well as its adhesion to steel for a consistent, reliable bond. A 0.25 mm aluminum foil backing is applied to one side of the polymer, which allows it to dissipate vibration into negligible heat — reducing noise and helping preserve the integrity of the substrate over time. A 58# polycoated paper liner provides easy release and allows for die-cutting capabilities.
The damping tape also holds up under a wide range of temperatures. It controls resonant vibrations in temperatures from 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C), and it stands up to temps from -25° to 230° F (-32° to 110° C.)
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Vibration Control Tape CL1151.