- Natural, 0.250 in. (6.4 mm) firm, high-density open-cell foam design helps trap moisture, dust and contaminants
- Allows air or gas vapors to pass through for a breathable seal
- Dampens sounds and absorbs vibration when used in electronic applications
- Excellent cushioning characteristics and high absorbency
- Offers high initial quick-stick to multiple substrates
- Provides excellent shear strength and high temperature performance
- Meets UL94HBF for flammability recognition
3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4104 is a firm, high-density, open-cell foam tape with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive on one side. This tape will adhere to a variety of substrates and can be used in numerous applications to dampen sound and create a clean and durable product.
3M Urethane Foam Tape 4104 can be used for cushioning and damping in electronics
Seals Out Moisture, Dust and Drafts
3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4104 is 1/4 in. thick, comprised of a firm, high-density, open-cell foam with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive on one side. The adhesive is protected by a silicone treated paper liner. It offers excellent cushioning characteristics while allowing air or gas vapors to pass through, while providing high absorbency to seal out moisture, dust and drafts. It can perform under a wide range of temperatures. Special note: 3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4104 may turn yellow when exposed to light, only affecting its appearance and not physical performance.
Excellent Shear Holding Strength with 3M™ Adhesive 350
- Cushion and dampen sound in electronics such as printers, keyboards, computers, aircraft lights and automotive dashboards
- Register covers
- Recessed lighting
- Door, window and cabinet seals
3M™ Urethane Foam Tape 4104 features 3M™ Adhesive 350. This pressure sensitive, modified acrylic adhesive provides high initial quick-stick to a variety of surfaces and substrates. It has an excellent chemical resistant and shear holding strength, even at elevated temperatures. Adhesive 350 is designed to perform at temperatures up to 200°F (93°C) in the short term and 350°F (176°C) long term.
Protect Sensitive Components
The adhesion of 3M™ Single-Coated Foam Tapes is typically satisfactory within 20 minutes and continues to build with additional time. The adhesive is protected by a thick, silicone treated paper liner and has a firm, high-density foam. This design offers an attractive and clean appearance after application.
What is Open Cell Foam?
Open cell foams are commonly used between component panels where a degree of separation is needed to dampen or prevent vibration, as a thermal insulation barrier and to protect against contamination, but where a measure of airflow is still necessary, such as with electronic components where air flow helps keeps components cool.