- Ideal during ultrafine polishing step to remove light swirls and scratches from automotive paint
- May be used on cured, hard or medium finish paint to eliminate scratches
- Convolute foam pad conforms to irregular surfaces, curves and body lines, reducing chatter for improved finish
- Use with 3M™ Perfect-It™ EX Ultrafine Machine Polish for complete scratch removal
- Hookit™ backing attachment makes for quick backup pad changes during multi-step sequences
- Use with 3M™ Perfect-It™ Ultrafine Machine Polish for showroom-grade finishes
Our 3M™ Ultrafine Foam Polishing Pad eliminates swirl marks and holograms on painted surfaces for a showroom-grade paint finish even on dark colored vehicles. Foam pad works with Perfect-It™ Ultrafine Machine Polish, part of the 3M™ Perfect-It™ Paint Finishing System.
Convolute foam pad conforms to irregular surfaces, curves and body lines, reducing chatter for improved finish
The Perfect Balance for Finishing Auto Body Panels
The 3M™ Ultrafine Foam Polishing Pad is engineered for the perfect balance: it holds up during the final polishing process. Properly used with 3M™ Perfect-It™ EX Ultrafine Machine Polish, it delivers a refined cut to eliminate swirl marks, haze and holograms without compromising the high gloss of the panel. Its foam construction and specially designed face holds polish and prevents slinging during critical final paint finishing.
Single-Sided Foam Pads and Our Hookit™ Attachment System
The Hookit™ attachment system has a hook-and-loop feature which makes disc attachment, removal, and re-attachment of 3M™ Ultrafine Foam Polishing Pads clean and easy. It also facilitates use and re-use of the disc for maximum product life. Hookit™ discs have a brushed nylon loop backing of the type most commonly used in everyday hook-and-loop applications. A range of Hookit™ disc backup pads features hooks which grip the brushed nylon loop backing. It's simple: just attach the disc and start sanding. The disc removes just as cleanly and easily. The Hookit™ system is designed for work spaces and applications where adhesive backed abrasives may become contaminated by dust, dirt or debris.
3M™ Perfect-It™ Foam Buff Pads.
(PDF, 503.0 Kb)