- Paper backing is highly absorbent and transports water to show indications
- Acrylic adhesive offers a very high bond strength to most surfaces including low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene and powder coatings
- Total construction is rotary die cuttable with no film top layer
- Tape is thinner to enable slim electronics device design
- "i" stands for inverted. It is designed transparent substrates to view indication from opposite side.
3M™ Water Contact Indicator Tape 5559i is an ultra-thin, 5.0 mil (127 micron) thick tape used to indicate water contact. The tape turns from white to red upon direct water contact. It is designed for transparent substrates.