- Film top layer is printable by thermal transfer, flexographic, and screen printing methods and offers improved ink receptivity
- The film top layer also provides protection from soiling and moisture during handling
- Paper backing is highly absorbent and transports water to show indications
- Acrylic adhesive allows for a very high bond strength to most surfaces including low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene and powder coatings
- Total construction is rotary die cuttable
- Tape is thinner to enable slim electronics device design
3M™ Water Contact Indicator Tape 5558 is an ultra-thin, 6.0 mil (152 micron) thick tape used to indicate water contact. The tape turns from white to red upon direct water contact.