- Silicone adhesive applied to a polyester backing
- Provides a reliable means of liner removal in the production environment
- Recommended for use with 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tapes
- Tape may be used for either tabbing or splicing applications
3M™ Tabbing and Splicing Tape 5699, Clear, 0.10 mm is designed for use with 3M™ Acrylic Plus Tapes. It consists of a silicone adhesive on a polyester backing.
See more about 3M™ Tabbing and Splicing Tape 5699
- Before tabbing the tape, make sure the tape liner edge is cut square so the tab makes contact with the leading edge of the liner. Also, tabs perform better if they are positioned at an angle over the corner.
- Tabs made with 3M™ Tabbing and Splicing Tape 5699 function best after at least a 24-hour room temperature dwell after lamination.
- 3M™ Tabbing and Splicing Tape 5699 can be used to produce undertabs (by placing the tab between the liner and tape), resulting in a more robust tabbing solution.
(PDF, 34.6 Kb)