- Designed for core starting and roll closing
- Heat resistance up to 300ºF (150ºC)
- High tack, transparent repulpable adhesive
- Completely repulpable construction so no need to remove splice from waste: meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180
- Blue color makes the splice easily identifiable
3M™ Super Strength Single Coated Repulpable Tape 917B is a self-wound 7.5 mil tape with an extensible kraft paper coated with a high tack transparent repulpable adhesive.
Excellent for Use on Heavy Grades of Paper
The combination of high adhesion and good heat resistance makes 3M™ Super Strength Single Coated Repulpable Tape 917B ideal for core starting and roll closing on heavy grades of paper. It can also be used in thread up applications at the off-machine coater. This tape can withstand web temperatures as high as 300°F (150°C) for 1 minute to help prevent splice failure and reduce down time. The kraft backing includes a thin easy-release coating that makes the tape self-wound.
- Tabbing start and finish ends of rolls of paper
- Temporary butt splicing of paper and cellulosic materials
- Attaching identification and in-plant routing slips
- Butt splicing paper in core manufacturing
- Threading off-machine coaters
3M™ Super Strength Single Coated Repulpable Tapes
Prevents Broke Contamination from Non-Repulpable Material
Repulpable construction means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper.All components of the adhesive and backing meet the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, our products have been at work in paper mills and printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done. From paper web splicing to plate mounting and packaging the finished job, you can rely on us for solutions and service throughout your operation.