- Designed for structurally bonding metals for load-bearing applications
- Low initial tack allows for accurate repositioning
- Adhesive is tested for shear and peel strength, resistance to weather and chemicals
- Compatible with modern e-coats
- Excellent for dissimilar material bonding
- Accelerator and base are blended together and supplied in roll form with a release liner
- Easily die-cut
- Can be pre-applied by Tier 1 stamping company
- No mess and easy to apply
- Can be applied to complex shapes and geometries
3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6045 is a modified epoxy film adhesive for structural bonding of metals, making it ideal for secure attachment of load-bearing automotive components. Available in die cuts or rolls, this film is a fast, clean alternative to liquid adhesives. It features low initial tack for repositioning, and cures to structural strength even on treated, lubricated surfaces.
Applications include door hinge washers, reinforcement plates and bracket attachments requiring load-carrying capability
Clean, Fast and Strong
Designed for structurally bonding metals in load-bearing applications, our 3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6045 is ideal for automotive OEMs. The .3 mm modified epoxy film adhesive is available in die-cut pieces or strips which apply easily to a range of treated, untreated, lubricated and unlubricated automotive surfaces. Uncured adhesive features low initial tack for excellent repositionability. Modified epoxy material is compatible with modern e-coats, and cures to structural strength in as little as 15 minutes at 165°C (329°F). The cured adhesive has been rigorously tested for shear and peel strength as well as stress durability, and resists heat, humidity, salt water and solvents.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Load-carrying metal attachments
- Door hinge washers
- Reinforcement plates
- Bracket attachment
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations. And all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEMs, like 3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6045.
See more about 3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6045
(PDF, 102.47 Kb)