- Repulpable tape meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213 procedure A
- Flying splice tape with high performance adhesive for splicing heavy weight paper
- Engineered splitting layer for consistent splicing at high speeds
- Fiber-free construction prevents print defects
- Full adhesive backing for improved handling and easy splice setup
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/200°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processing
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3389B is a blue high strength tape with an easy release split liner that allows for consistent and efficient splice set up. The repulpable adhesive prevents broke contamination.
Repulpable, high-tack adhesive design
Strong Backing Provides Reliable and Exceptional Performance
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3389B is a high strength paper tape made with repulpable splicing adhesives that separate in two single coated tapes. It has a blue overlaminate and underlaminate for clear visibility. R3389B is designed for a wide range of paper weights in manual and automatic splicing equipment during high speed splicing conditions when high tack is required and to compensate for roll profile issues.
High-Tack, Heat-Resistant Adhesive
- Splittable flying splice ideal for off machine coaters
- Match speed splicing in paper converting operations
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3389B features a repulpable, high-tack adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of paper products, including heavy grades of paper. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in web applications at temperatures as high as 400°F/200°C.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3389B prevents broke contamination. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A.