- Repulpable tape meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213 procedure A
- Flying splice tape with high performance adhesive for splicing heavy weight paper
- Engineered splitting layer for consistent splicing at high speeds
- Fiber-free construction prevents print defects
- Thick construction to compensate for roll profile variation on wide webs
- Full adhesive backing for improved handling and easy splice setup
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/200°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processing
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3379 is a blue high strength tape with an easy release split liner that allows for consistent and efficient splice set up. The repulpable adhesive prevents broke contamination.
Thick construction compensates for roll profile variation
Every Paper. Every Grade. Every Time.
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3379 is a paper tape made with repulpable splicing adhesives that separate in two single coated tapes. The thick construction compensates for roll profile variation on wide webs. R3379 is designed for a wide range of paper weights in manual and automatic splicing equipment during high speed splicing conditions when high tack is required and to compensate for roll profile issues.
- Splittable flying splice ideal for off machine coaters
- Match speed splicing in paper converting operations
Bonds to a wide variety of paper products
High-Tack, Heat-Resistant Adhesive
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3379 features a repulpable, high-tack adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of paper products, from lightweight to heavy grades of paper. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in web applications at temperatures as high as 400°F/200°C.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape R3379 prevents broke contamination. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A.
See more solutions in the Masking and Surface Protection Guide
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)