- Engineered to be optically detectable by sensors to trigger roll-to-roll splicing
- Flying splice tape with high performance adhesive for splicing light to heavy weight paper
- Designed for splitting layer for consistent splicing at high speeds
- Fiber-free construction prevents print defects
- Full adhesive backing for improved handling and easy splice setup
- High-tack, heat-resistant adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of paper grades
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/200°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processing
3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape 6359 is a black tape with a paper backing. It is optically detectable by sensors to trigger roll-to-roll splicing – making it an all-in-one splicing solution.
High performance adhesive designed for light to heavy weight paper splicing
What's Best for Your Press?
When it comes to printing applications, we at 3M have been working for decades to provide the best products capable of increasing productivity, improving safety and inspiring innovation. Our 3M™ Splittable Flying Splice Tape 6359 is a paper tape
that splits into two single-sided tapes. The splicing adhesives are engineered to perform across a variety of light to heavy weight paper grades. The black color will trigger the sensor for the splicing mechanism in presses with flying splice capabilities. In addition, the high temperature performance adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in applications as high as 400°F/200°C.
Recommended Splicing Applications
Constructed for Consistency
- Triggering roll-to-roll flying splicing
- Use on presses with optical sensors
This flying splice tape splits into two single-sided tapes. It has a fiber-free construction, which eliminates the possibility of small pieces of tape or fibers contaminating the print station. The tape lays flat for improved handling and clean splicing. The high performance adhesive designed for light to heavy weight paper splicing. Engineered splitting layer for consistent splicing at high speeds, it is faster, and more efficient because there is less down time due to web breaks.
|• High Performance Adhesive
||• Adheres to cold paper rolls
• Single tape for a variety of conditions
|• Single tape for a variety of conditions
|• Easy Open Fiber Free Breakout Mechanism
||• Less contamination on blankets throughout the printing process
||• Reduced clean up time
|• Full Adhesive Backing
||• Easy handle-ability
• Consistent, efficient splice set-up
|• Save time and money
|• Detection Properties
||• Eliminates need for sensor tab
||• Simplified splice pattern
• Reduced splice failure due to human error