- High quality silicone lubricant works for many applications
- Lubricant eliminates rubber squeaks and prevents sticking
- Formula contains no petroleum oils to stain fabrics
- Cold hardy formula will not freeze at -28°F
- Heat resistant formula will not degrade at 350°F
3M™ Silicone Lubricant eliminates rubber squeaks, prevents sticking and seals out moisture. Our lubricant contains no petroleum oils to stain fabrics. Formulated for extreme conditions, it will not freeze at -28°F nor degrade at 350°F. Silicone lubricant is available in both wet and dry formulas.
Wet type formula — Part Number 08877
One Lubricant for Many Applications
Dry type formula — Part Number 08897
3M™ Silicone Lubricant delivers the versatility to work in many applications. Use our product for lubricating moving parts; eliminating squeaks caused by friction; protecting against rust and corrosion; sealing out moisture; preventing buildup of glues, waxes, inks and paints; preserving plastics, rubber and leather; and prolonging the life of cutting tools.
Resists the Extremes of Hot and Cold
Our silicone lubricant handles the extremes of temperature ranges, making it a perfect choice for automotive applications where conditions can be harsh. The lubricant resists freezing down to -28°F and will not degrade at temperatures as high as 350°F. You can rely on our lubricant delivering high performance in frigid cold days of winter and blistering hot days of summer.
Directions for Use:
Applications for Wet Formula (PDF, 22.66 Kb)
- Turn spray tip so opening points to dot on rim of can.
- Hold can upright and push actuator on top of can all the way down to apply a uniform spray. Position the actuator away from your face before spraying.
- If using the extension tube, insert it in to the actuator using a twisting motion.
- Best results are obtained when material is at room temperature. Higher temperatures increase the pressure in the can, and lower temperatures reduce the pressure.
- Hold can 8" to 10" from surface to be sprayed. Apply evenly and use sparingly.
- For hard to reach or small surfaces, use the extension tube.
- On rubber, leather, and vinyl; apply and wipe with a cloth.
Applications for Dry Formula (PDF, 22.66 Kb)
- Lubricates doors, "T" tops, sunroofs, hatchbacks and trunk weather-stripping
- Protects rubber parts
- Preserves plastic and vinyl surfaces
- Seals out moisture
- Lubricates plastic dash parts
- Protects door weather strips
- Provides window channel lubrication
- Lubricates door locks