- Best suited for firm acrylic adhesives
- Differential silicone release coatings applied to both sides for self-wound rolls
- 2 mil polyester film provides high tensile strength and reduces tear-outs
- Resists breakage during rotary die-cutting
- Clean-room compatible
3M™ Secondary Release Liner 5002D is a 2.0 mil clear polyester film (PET) with a double sided differential silicone release coating for creating self-wound rolls. The PET film provides high tensile strength and toughness to resist breakage and tear-outs during automated processing such as rotary die-cutting and laser converting.
About 3M™ Secondary Release Liners
- Constructions using firm acrylic adhesives
- Self-wound rolls
- Rotary die-cutting
- Laser processing
- Wide web lamination
3M™ secondary liners are available in a variety of designs and materials. 3M provides secondary release liners in polycoated and densified kraft, flatstock, HDPE and clear polyester film for a full range of adhesives and converting processes.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.