- Medium weight crepe paper backing provides good, clean paint lines
- Will withstand a bake cycle of 200°F/93°C for up to 30 minutes
- Good holding power to help resist lifting or curling
- Provides easy to use, controlled unwind
- Crepe paper backing provides good strength and retains integrity when conforming to irregular surfaces and around corners
- Natural rubber adhesive bonds to a variety of surfaces and provides good instant adhesion
- Available in black
3M™ Sealer Tape 2510 is a general purpose masking tape designed for holding, bundling, sealing and general paint masking where a dark colored tape is required. It features a medium thickness crepe paper backing and a rubber adhesive for instant adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces.
Available in bulk
Masking, Bundling and Sealing Excellence
3M™ Sealer Tape 2510 is designed for general purpose masking applications, bundling and sealing applications. It is an ideal choice for paint masking when a black tape is desired, as it can withstand a paint bake cycle of 200°F/93°C for up to 30 minutes. This tape features a medium thickness crepe paper backing coated with a natural rubber adhesive that provides instant adhesion to a variety of surfaces to resist bleed through. It enables an easy to use and controlled unwind. These features allow for good, clean paint lines, while the rubber adhesive ensures good holding power that helps resist lifting or curling. 3M™ Sealer Tape 2510 is conformable to maintain its integrity when formed around irregular surfaces or corners.
What is Masking Tape?
- Holding and bundling applications for a wide variety of materials where a strong paper backing is needed
- General paint masking, particularly in applications where a black tape is needed
- Paint masking applications up to 200°F/93°C for up to 30 minutes
- General use applications where crepe paper backed tapes excel
- Sealing and wrapping applications where a pressure sensitive tape is needed
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.