- Provides high peel strength for long-term durability
- Formulated to be impact-resistant, creating a tough and durable bond
- Designed to be a sag-resistant urethane adhesive for accurate application
- Longer work-life offers time for proper application and adjustment
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive EC-3587 B/A B-1/4 and 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive EC-3587 B-1 are a two-part, urethane adhesive that provides excellent adhesion to many primed or painted metal and plastic substrates. This urethane creates tough structural bonds as well as achieve high peel strength, offering long-term durability for a variety of applications.
Overlap Shear Strength (ASTM D 1002)
What is Urethane Adhesive?
Urethanes are a class of polymers generally noted for their flexibility when cured. Two part urethane adhesives comprise two independent formulations designed to be mixed, much like an epoxy adhesive. The isocyanate stream, generally the accelerator or hardener side, reacts with the polyol or resin side. These two components will react when mixed, curing more quickly than one-part, moisture cure polyurethane systems — and with no depth of cure issues.
Urethane adhesives will work on most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, cured epoxy, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more. The versatility of urethane adhesives comes from its chemical recipe; different chemical combinations result in different properties that produce different levels of stiffness, density, flexibility or hardness. They can cure to a solid and be relatively rigid, or cure to a semi-hardened state and remain flexible to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
The Benefits of Using a Structural Adhesive
Utilizing a structural adhesive like 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive EC-3587 B/A comes with several advantages, such as:
Our Best for Your Best
- Eliminates the need to damage surfaces (i.e. drilling holes)
- Joins dissimilar materials and works well with many surfaces
- Provides aesthetically pleasing results as refinishing steps are not required
- Good environmental and chemical resistance
- Delivers excellent temperature and solvent resistance
- Does not need access to air or moisture to dry and therefore has an unlimited depth of cure
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how 3M executes its never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. The brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of its products, 3M has a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.