- Two-component, urethane adhesive cures at room temperature for convenient easy use
- High impact resistance helps improve service life and reduce potential damage
- Excellent adhesion to many primed or painted metal and plastic substrates minimizes prep
- Designed to develop sag resistance approximately 30 seconds after mixing to keep processes moving
- 3-5 minute work life and 8 hour cure time provide fast results
We developed 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive EC-3535 B/A as a fast acting, two-part urethane adhesive which cures at room temperature or with heat to form tough structural bonds with high impact resistance. Our adhesive offers strong adhesion on metals, plastics, composites and many primed or painted metal and plastic substrates. It also becomes non-sag approximately 30 seconds after mixing.
Overlap Shear Strength - Metals
What is Urethane Adhesive?
|Abraded and Solvent Wiped Aluminum
|Solvent Wiped Aluminum
|Abraded and Solvent Wiped Steel
|Solvent Wiped Steel
Urethanes are a class of polymers generally noted for their flexibility when cured. Two part urethane adhesives comprise two independent formulations designed to be mixed, much like an epoxy adhesive. The isocyanate stream, generally the accelerator or hardener side, reacts with the polyol or resin side. These two components will react when mixed, curing more quickly than one-part, moisture cure urethane systems — and with no depth of cure issues.
Urethane adhesives will work on most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, cured epoxy, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more. The versatility of urethane adhesives comes from its chemical recipe; different chemical combinations result in different properties that produce different levels of stiffness, density, flexibility or hardness. They can cure to a solid and be relatively rigid, or cure to a semi-hardened state and remain flexible to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
The Benefits of Using a Structural Adhesive
Utilizing a structural adhesive like 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive EC-3535 B/A comes with several advantages, such as:
See the 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ EC Adhesives Dispenser Reference Guide
- Eliminating the need to damage surfaces (i.e. drilling holes)
- Joining dissimilar materials and works well with many surfaces
- Producing aesthetically pleasing results as refinishing steps are not required
- Good environmental and chemical resistance
- Delivers excellent temperature and solvent resistance
- Does not need access to air or moisture to dry and therefore has an unlimited depth of cure
(PDF, 378.38 Kb)
3M Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.