- Two part urethane delivers extremely tough, flexible bonds
- Designed for vertical and other applications that require no slumping or sagging of the adhesive bead
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Flexible adhesive that is capable of bonding dissimilar substrates
- Brown color
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive 3549 is a brown, non-sag, two-component polyurethane adhesive. This urethane adhesive has a 60 minute work life for panel bonding or repositioning. Ideal for bonding dissimilar substrates, such as composites, SMC, FRP, many plastics, ceramic, wood, rubber and metal.
Longer Work-life Offers Time for Proper Application and Adjustment
- Flexible plastic or composite bonding
- Bonding composite panels to frames for transportation applications
- Bonding wood, metal or composite door frames to wood or other surfaces
- Bonding wood paneling to wood or plaster
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesives 3549 cures at room temperature or with heat. This option gives you control over how quickly a bond establishes a certain level of shear strength. At room temperature, 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesives 3549 reaches handling strength in 7 days. Upon application, its 60-minute work-life presents flexibility and provides ample time for adjustment and positioning to achieve optimum results.
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
Two part urethane adhesives
(PDF, 1.36 Mb) cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
Click here for more information on 3M Structural Adhesives.
(PDF, 15.87 Mb)