- Water-borne formula provides options for processes
- Ensures complete wetting of the adhesive to the surface
- Provides comparable performance to traditional solvent-based options
- High spray transfer efficiency helps reduce quantity of material needed
- Corrosion inhibitive pigment allows for increased service life
- Protects high-cost surface preparation processes prior to bonding
- Can be dried at ambient temperatures, allowing parts to be handled prior to bake cycle
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EW-5000 is our sprayable, heat curing, epoxy based structural adhesive aerospace primer containing a corrosion inhibiting package that provides protection against corrosive environments. We developed this water-borne solution to deliver comparable performance to solvent based products giving customers more choices in their respective processes.
Paired with the 3M™ PPS™ Paint Preparation System, this structural bonding primer provides comparable performance to traditional solvent-based options
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EW-5000 meets multiple customer specs in the aerospace industry. It dries evenly in ambient temperatures and can be handled prior to the bake cycle, which improves shop handling over competitive solvent-based systems. Let our technical service and support show you how this water-borne primer can make a difference for you.
In addition to the benefits that EW-5000 provides, it offers these additional features:
Primed for Take-off
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Robust mechanical performance
- Impressive hot/wet durability
- Can be used as a stand-alone corrosion resistant coating
- Fewer spray passes save time and lead to faster throughout
In general, 3M Scotch-Weld™ structural adhesive primers
complement the Scotch Weld™ Structural Adhesives portfolio
and can be used to protect prepared substrates to be bonded. They facilitate "wet-out" of the primary adhesive film to the substrate, and are cured to enhance chemical resistance. Our adhesive primers help prepare the surfaces for the bonding agents and improve the conditions so that the adhesives are more effective and create stronger, longer lasting bonds.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.