- Two-part chemically curing, corrosion resistant primer
- Cures at room temperature to eliminate need for added process steps
- Formula provides excellent adhesion to metals
- Can be applied by dip, brush or spray to cover large areas quickly and efficiently
- Long application time, up to 8 hours, to ensure quality and to accommodate comprehensive processes
- Provides adhesion to epoxies and urethanes
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-1945-B/A is a two-part kit (base and accelerator). Our chemical curing primer is also corrosion resistant. Its formula helps improve adhesion of sealers, epoxies, and urethanes to most metals. It cures at room temperature (75°F) and offers a long application time to enable a variety of application methods.
3M Aerospace primers helps improve adhesive film performance and prevent corrosion
Primed for Take-off
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Robust mechanical performance
- Fewer applications and faster drying cycle saves time
- Dip, brush or spray application
In general, 3M Scotch-Weld™ structural adhesive primers complement the Scotch Weld™ Structural Adhesives portfolio
and can be used to protect prepared substrates to be bonded. They facilitate "wet-out" of the primary adhesive film to the substrate, and are cured to enhance chemical resistance. Our adhesive primers help prepare the surfaces for the bonding agents and improve the conditions so that the adhesives are more effective and create stronger, longer lasting bonds.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.