- Spray, brush or roller application meets a variety of process requirements
- Specifically designed to work with 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive AF 30
- Promotes long-term durability in bonded joints
- Stable coating protects etched and anodized substrates for long-term storage
- Can be co-cured with adhesives at 350°F to accommodate a variety of requirements
We developed 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-1593 for improved adhesion and to promote long-term durability for joints in metal bonding applications. This solvent-based specialized adhesive primer is especially effective with 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive AF 30.
Primed for Take-Off
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Robust mechanical performance
- Impressive hot/wet durability
- Serves 350°F co-cure requirements
- Sprayable, brush or roller application for a variety of process options
In general, 3M Scotch-Weld™ structural adhesive primers complement the Scotch Weld™ Structural Adhesives portfolio and can be used to protect prepared substrates to be bonded. They facilitate "wet-out" of the primary adhesive agent to facilitate the bond between substrate and coating extrudate, and then are cured to enhance chemical resistance. Our adhesive primers help prepare the surfaces for the bonding agents and improve the conditions so that the adhesives are more effective and create stronger, longer lasting bonds.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.