- Helps reduce Aircraft on Ground (AOG) time and total cost; can be applied directly to repair damaged areas of 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape
- In-place reparability helps reduce waste and downtime
- Duo-Pak cartridges eliminate the need for weighing and hand-mixing
- No intentionally added solvent in composition helps reduce shrinkage and rework
- Compatible with 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8734NA and 8730NA, plus a wide variety of urethane films and coatings
- Urethane designed for erosion resistance even in the harshest conditions, including rain and sand erosion
- Suitable for repair of 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape and other protective tapes used on aircraft and engine components
- Convenient 50 ml Duo-Pak Cartridges for easy application with minimal waste
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2220 is a clear two-part urethane repair paste that cures to an erosion resistant elastomer. We designed this tough paste to repair polyurethane films commonly used for erosion protection on aircraft.
Used the 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ EPX™ Applicator to dispense Scotch-Weld adhesives in Duo-Pak cartridges
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2220 comes in Duo-Pak cartridges designed for use with our 3M™ EPX™ Applicator System for fast, clean application, leaving you with a portable, easy-to-apply system. The results are a durable protective surface that provides powerful protection year after year. The clear two-part urethane repair paste cures to an erosion resistant elastomer makes it suitable to repair polyurethane coatings or films commonly used for erosion protection on aircraft, including helicopter rotor blades, leading edges, engine components and other areas susceptible to erosion damage, especially from sand or rain.
Our two-part polyurethane paste enables on-aircraft repairs — no vacuum bagging required. It can be cured at room temperature in as few as 6 hours or accelerated to 40 minutes using a heat blanket at a temperature of 140°F. Repairs are easy to perform and yield a smooth, even appearance when complete.
With a 10 minutes work life, 3M Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2220 provides ample time for working product into the repair area. It is tack free, flyable and fully cured in less than 24 hours. When finished it cures to a clear product.
Learn More about 3M Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2220
- Polyurethane tape and boot repair
- General erosion-resistant external sealing
- Graphic edge sealing — decal/hoist point cover protection
- General moisture exclusion/contact barrier
(PDF, 1.20 Mb)
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Creating efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants and other products that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the cost-saving advantages of 3M™ Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance and adds value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and performance into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.