- Helps reduce Aircraft on Ground (AOG) time and total cost; can be applied directly to repair damaged areas of 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape
- In-place reparability helps reduce waste and downtime
- Duo-Pak cartridges eliminate the need for weighing and hand-mixing
- No intentionally added solvent in composition helps reduce shrinkage and rework
- Compatible with 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8734NA and 8730NA, plus a wide variety of urethane films and coatings
- Urethane designed for erosion resistance even in the harshest conditions, including rain and sand erosion
- Suitable for repair of 3M Polyurethane Protective Tape and other protective tapes used on aircraft and engine components
- Convenient 48.5 ml Duo-Pak Cartridges for easy application with minimal waste
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2110 Kit is a two-part urethane repair paste system that cures to an erosion resistant elastomer. It is designed to repair polyurethane coatings or films commonly used on erosion susceptible areas of aircraft, including helicopter rotor blades, leading edges, engine components and other areas susceptible to erosion damage, especially from sand or rain.
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2110 Kit includes, but is not limited to, RP 2110 repair paste
in 50 ml Duo-Pak cartridges with a 1:1 mix ratio, 3M™ EPX Applicator Gun
, a 3-foot roll of polyester release liner, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8403 Green
, a centrifuge tube and 3M™ Single Step Primer 08682
The Duo-Pak cartridges are designed for use with our 3M™ EPX™ Applicator System for fast, clean application, leaving you with a portable, easy-to-apply system. The results are a durable, protective surface that provides powerful protection year after year. This system makes it suitable to repair polyurethane coatings or films commonly used for erosion protection on aircraft, including helicopter rotor blades, leading edges, engine components and other areas susceptible to erosion damage, especially from sand or rain.
Our two-part polyurethane paste enables on-aircraft repairs — no vacuum bagging required. It can be cured at room temperature in as few as 6 hours or accelerated to 40 minutes using a heat blanket at a temperature of 140°F. Repairs are easy to perform and yield a smooth, even appearance when complete.
With a 10 minutes work life, 3M Scotch-Weld™ Repair Paste 2110 provides ample time for working product into the repair area. It is tack free, flyable and fully cured in less than 24 hours. The finished product has a flat black luster when cured in contact with the textured side of the release liner. The smooth side of the liner provides a glossy luster.
- Helicopter rotor blades (PDF, 4.96 Mb)
- Leading edges
- Engine components
- Other areas susceptible to erosion damage, especially from sand or rain
Used the 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ EPX™ Applicator to dispense Scotch-Weld adhesives in Duo-Pak cartridges
Precise Dispensing Made Easy
The 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ EPX™ Applicator is designed to operate with a simple squeeze of the hand grip. With our comfortable applicator you can simultaneously meter, mix (with appropriate 3M Scotch-Weld EPX Mixing Nozzles
and dispense two-part systems with precision and the knowledge you're going to get a perfect mix every single time. Our applicator is portable, self-contained and lightweight. The Duo-Pak cartridge dispensing system consists of the precisely designed cartridges, matched mixing nozzles and hand applicator that is ideal for dispensing two-part systems, eliminating messy manual mixing and application processes. It facilitates dispensing just the right amount of product with almost no waste, making it an ideal choice for applying two-part systems.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Creating efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants and other products that effectively reduce costs.
Learn More about Advanced Composite Protection with 3M™ Cocure
(PDF, 1.20 Mb)