- Two part urethane paste delivers outstanding strength and performance
- Non-sag formulation resists running and slumping of adhesive
- Primerless to most surfaces
- 10 minute open time
- Ability to bond most composites and dissimilar substrates
- Excellent water and humidity resistance, very good chemical resistance
- Cures at room temperature but can be accelerated with heat
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Multi-Material Composite Urethane Adhesive DP6310NS is a green, non-sag, two-component urethane for bonding a variety of composites, plastics, metals and wood. This flexible adhesive has excellent elongation and stress strain properties for durable bonding of composite parts and multi-material assemblies.
- Composites and plastics to metal; medium sized parts
- Bonding shaped composites and plastics
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Multi-Material Composite Urethane Adhesives DP6310NS can replace rivets and screws in attaching composites to other substrates, providing a more aesthetically-pleasing, fatigue-resistant bond line. It also bonds well to most metals without requiring priming.
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
Two part urethane adhesives
(PDF, 1.4 Mb) cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
Click here for more information on 3M Structural Adhesives
(PDF, 16 Mb)