- 4 minute work life with 9 minutes to structural strength
- Low odor and non-flammable properties for a safer working environment compared to typical acrylic adhesives
- Durable finished bond with excellent shear and high impact strength
- Bonds difficult surfaces such as powder coats and most plastics
- 18-month room temperature shelf life simplifies inventory management
- Features spacer beads to control bond line thickness
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS is our standard low-odor, non-sag, toughened, two-part acrylic adhesive. This adhesive is an ideal choice for a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications since it reaches structural strength twice as fast as most other competitive acrylic adhesives with a comparable open time.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment
for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Non-Sag with Excellent Impact Strength
Making work safer, faster, and more efficient, that's just a few of the benefits of our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS. With a 10:1 mix ratio and a 4-minute work life there's time to position substrates prior to adhesion. Once fully cured it will reach 1,000 psi (7 MPa) of overlap shear strength in about 9 minutes, half the time of similar adhesives, increasing throughput and productivity while featuring high peel and impact performance.
- Metalworking such as HVAC, appliance, sporting goods, and specialty vehicles
- Sign manufacturing such as panel to frame bonding, trim attachment, letter bonding, and frame assembly
- Bonding plastics, composites and powder coats to metal
- Typically used for smaller parts where faster assembly is required
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS has been recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in electrical equipment and electric signs. Please review UL File QOQW2. MH17478 and Sign Components Manual (SAM) File E464624 for details.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS Green should yield similar results as DP8810NS Green, which has been tested for surface flammability, smoke, toxic gas generation, and caloric content per ASTM E162, ASTM E662, ASTM E1354, Bombardier SMP 800-C, and Boeing BSS 7239 test methods.
4 Minute Work Life with 10 Minutes to Structural Strength
With lower odor and non-flammable properties, 3M™ Scotch-Weld
™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS contributes to a safer work environment compared to typical acrylic adhesives. Added non-sag properties assure the adhesive is applied exactly where you want it and won't migrate during the application or bonding processes. And the 18-month room temperature shelf life of the product simplifies inventory management. Full cure will be reached within 24 hours, remarkably faster than any other acrylic adhesive on the market.
Easy Adhesion with Acrylic
, often referred to as epoxy adhesives or epoxy glue, are two-part adhesives that provide excellent bond strength and durability. However, acrylic glues have several features that make them easier to use, including a much faster cure speed, higher tolerance for oily or unprepared bonding surfaces and the ability to bond a wide variety of materials, including nearly all plastics. Newer acrylic adhesive formulations are room temperature stable with a long shelf life.
Stress Strain curve and material properties for 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odor Acrylic Adhesive DP8805NS