- Rapid-setting sealant for strong results fast
- Self-leveling properties offer clean and simple application
- Low temperature flexibility provides durability and resistance to cracking
- Packaged for easy dispensing
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Control Joint Sealant DP5106 is a rapid-setting, two-component polyurethane sealant formulated to deliver strong results fast. Easily dispensed, this sealant is self-leveling for clean and simple application. This product is used as a horizontal grade sealant for sealing and stress-relieving applications that undergo substantial expansion and contraction.
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
- Stress-relieving large segments of concrete floors, walkways, decks, highways, bridge segments and pool decks
- Flexible sealant for deep cracks in concrete flooring or concrete to metal floor interfaces
Two part urethane adhesives
(PDF, 1.36 Mb) cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
Click here for more information on 3M Structural Adhesives.
(PDF, 15.86 Mb)