- Creates strong bond with minimal or no surface prep required
- Resists many chemicals, water, humidity and corrosion
- Formulated to bond multi-material assemblies such as plastics, thermoplastics, composites and metals, including oily metals
- Medium viscosity allows controlled dispensing
- 15 minute work life with 40 minute handling strength
- Strong adhesive can replace screws, rivets and welding
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP820 is a two-part acrylic adhesive specially formulated to bond many plastics, metals and oily metals.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment
for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Creates a Strong Bond on Plastics and Metals
Structural bonds can be achieved without special surface treatments such as chemical etching, plasma, flame, or corona treatment or priming. Simply wipe the surfaces with isopropanol to remove mold release agents, dust dirt, etc. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Adhesive DP820 also bonds metals and most other plastics.
- Metalworking such as HVAC, appliance, sporting goods, and specialty vehicles
- Sign manufacturing such as panel to frame bonding, trim attachment, letter bonding, and frame assembly
- Bonding plastics, composites and powder coats to metal
- Typically used for larger parts where a longer open time is needed for assembly
The mix ratio for our 3M™ Scotch-Weld
™ Acrylic Adhesive DP820 is 1:1 for quick, precise dispensing. With an applied 15 minute work life there is some opportunity for positioning and adjustments after the adhesive is applied. This adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 40 minutes and is fully cured in 48 hours (at 72°F/22°C).
Easy Adhesion with Acrylic
are two-part methyl methacrylate adhesives (MMA) that provide excellent bond strength and durability. Often referred to as epoxy adhesives or epoxy glue, acrylics actually belong to a separate chemical family with their own unique characteristics. Acrylic glues have several features that make them easier to use, including a faster cure speed, higher tolerance for oily or unprepared bonding surfaces and the ability to bond a wide variety of materials, including nearly all plastics. Newer acrylic adhesive formulations are room temperature stable with a long shelf life.