- Excellent resistance to a variety of blast media
- High adhesion to granite, marble and other stone surfaces, yet still removes cleanly
- Tan rubber backing is easy to cut, reducing wear on plotter knives or die-cutting equipment
- Cut designs are easy to see, reducing eye strain and increasing picking productivity
- Advanced rubber backing is formulated to prevent stretching and design distortion
- Premium 2.0 mil clear polyester outer release liner for cleaner hole punching and plotter tracking
- Used in slot fed application methods
3M™ Sandblast Stencil with Easy-Release Liner Splice Free 520S is a tan, rubber backing with a gray, rubber adhesive on a clear, easy-release polyester film liner. The advanced rubber backing offers excellent blast resistance as well as preventing stretching and design distortion. This product is used in slot fed formats.
A single-liner designed for optimal blast resistance
Stone Durable Stencil for Crisp, Deep Images
A single-liner designed for optimal blast resistance, 3M™ Sandblast Stencil with Easy-Release Liner Splice Free 520S
(PDF, 10.8 Kb) is a tan, rubber backing with a gray, rubber adhesive on a clear, easy-release film liner. Our sandblast stencil products have the rubber backing thickness necessary to withstand the heavy blasting used to create crisp, deep images in granite, marble and other stone surfaces. This rubber backing is also formulated to prevent stretching and design distortion. Good for slot fed application methods. This easy-release liner aligns and cuts evenly for clean, visible cut marks to reduce picking and weeding time. In addition, this sandblast stencil provides good adhesion, yet still removes cleanly
- Protects granite, marble and other stone surfaces during blasting operations
Used in slot fed application methods
It is recommended that this stencil be applied to a warm, clean and dry surface. When the stencil is applied to cold stone surfaces it is possible for condensation to form as the stone warms. Condensation can affect the performance of the stencil's rubber adhesive. To minimize shrinkage, allow rubber backing to relax before applying to the stone. Rub down firmly to adhere stencil to the stone. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #2
to help increase adhesion and hold stencil to polished stone surfaces. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #3
on axed or frosted surfaces if increased adhesion is desired.
More options are available for a variety of application methods. Click here: 3M™ Sandbast Stencil Product Guide (PDF, 702.02 Kb)
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.