- Conformable for use on irregular surfaces
- Cuts evenly and easily, with clean, visible cut-marks, which makes it ideal for hand-cutting
- Excellent choice for intricate designs and detailing
- Provides superb blast resistance against a variety of blasting media including aluminum oxide grit, shot peen, glass bead and plastic media
- Outstanding adhesion and protection to granite, marble, other stone surfaces, glass, wood and various metals
- High-release polyester liner helps eliminate liner separation during the commercial plotting process
- Available in a variety of formats including die-cut, flatbed and friction fed
3M™ Sandblast Stencil Splice Free 1532 is a green rubber sandblast stencil featuring a clear polyester liner for use in a variety of sandblasting protection applications. It is conformable and a superb choice for intricate designs. This stencil features very high adhesion for single liner sandblast products. Unpunched, it is ideal for hand, die-cut, flatbed and friction fed operations.
Outstanding adhesion and protection to granite, marble, other stone surfaces, glass, wood and various metals
Ideal Solutions for Detail Orientated Sandblasting and Stenciling
3M™ Sandblast Stencil Splice Free 1532
(PDF, 301.20 Kb) is a thick rubber sandblast stencil with a rubber adhesive. It is designed for a variety of blasting protection applications. This stencil is the thinnest of the portfolio, providing outstanding conformability. It also provides excellent blast resistance, making it ideal for protecting sensitive substrates such as granite, marble, other stone surfaces, glass, wood and various metals. This stencil cuts evenly and easily, with clean, visible cut-marks which makes it ideal for hand, die-cut, flatbed and friction fed operations. The green colored backing assists in identifying the stencil, an important aspect when dealing with fine detail work. A high-release, polyester liner helps eliminate liner separation during the commercial plotting process and aids in the ease of use and application.
Click here to learn more about 3M™ Sandblast Stencil Splice Free 1532 applications
- Direct protection against blasting media including aluminum oxide grit, shot peen, glass bead and plastic media
- Overspray and edge protection
- Protects surfaces during glass etchings and carving applications
- Small letter stencil designs
(PDF, 604.56 Kb)
Conformable and a superb choice for intricate designs.
Helpful Tips for Sandblasting Success
The stone surface should be clean, dry and at a room temperature of 50° to 85°F (10° to 29°C) before applying the filler. Brush the well-mixed filler evenly onto the stone surface. Let dry in a well-ventilated area until the "gloss" on the surface has disappeared. Then apply the stencil according to directions. After blasting, remove the stencil as soon as possible. If any cleanup is necessary, use stencil scraps or masking tape to pull leftover filler from the stone. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #2 to help increase adhesion and to hold the stencil to polished stone surfaces. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #3 for rough and irregular surfaces.
Smart Solutions through Science and Innovation
The 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division is changing the way companies around the world mask, protect, splice, color code and stop moisture. These technologies help customers deliver competitive products to the market with speed and efficiency. The 3M™ Sandblast Stencil Splice Free 1532 is just one example of how 3M is bringing better ideas to the surface through science and innovation.