- Repulpable construction eliminates need to remove splice from waste and prevents contamination of paper mill broke
- Flat back paper backing makes tape ideal for splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers
- High-tack, heat-resistant adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of paper grades
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under FDA 21 CFR 176.170 and FDA 21 CFR 176.180
3M™ Repulpable Super Strength Strong Single Coated Tape R3185 is a single-sided paper tape coated with a patented high tack transparent repulpable adhesive on one side and an easy release coating on the backside for smooth unwind. This single side paper tape is ideal for a variety of splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers and temperatures.
3M™ Repulpable Tapes provide a complete line of core starting tapes that are easy to use and stick reliably every time
Strong Backing Provides Reliable and Exceptional Performance
3M™ Repulpable Super Strength Single Coated Tape R3185 is a 4.5 mil single coated repulpable tape. It features a flatback kraft paper backing that can withstand the rigors of the printing environment. The backing is engineered for optimal strength for splicing, tabbing and roll closing. It offers high shear strength and is coated with a high-tack, clear, repulpable adhesive designed to bond to heavy grades of paper.
High-Tack, Heat-Resistant Adhesive
- Core starting
- Roll closing
- Butt splicing many paper and cellulosic materials (temporary)
- Threading off-machine coater
- Paper roll edge reinforcement
3M™ Repulpable Super Strength Single Coated Tape R3185 features a repulpable, high-tack transparent adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of paper products, including heavy grades of paper. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in web applications at temperatures are high as 400°F/200°C.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™ Repulpable Super Strength Single Coated Tape R3185 prevents broke contamination for non-repulpable splice material. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A and is FDA complaint 21 CFR 176.170 for components of paper and paperboard in contact with foods.
Find More Masking and Specialty Products
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
Discover More 3M Solutions for Web Processing
(PDF, 3.17 Mb)