- Repulpable construction eliminates need to remove splice from waste and prevents contamination of paper mill broke
- Strong, high stretch backing makes tape ideal for splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers
- High-tack, heat-resistant adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of paper grades
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under FDA 21 CFR 176.170 and FDA 21 CFR 176.180
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/200°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processing
3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3177 is a high strength extensible paper coated with a high-tack, transparent repulpable adhesive. This single sided tape is ideal for splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers.
Highest tensile strength and elongation for tough applications
Strong Backing Provides Reliable and Exceptional Performance
3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3177 is a single coated repulpable tape. It features a strong, extensible, paper backing that can withstand the rigors of the paper manufacturing and converting. The backing is engineered for optimum strength for splicing, tabbing and roll closing. It offers a high shear strength, high-tack, clear, repulpable adhesive designed to bond to a wide variety of paper grades. This tape performs well at higher temperatures and is available in blue, white and red.
High-Tack, Heat-Resistant Adhesive
- Core starting
- Roll closing/tabbing
- Butt splicing heavy grades of paper
- Thread-up applications such as at the off-machine coater
3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3177 features a repulpable, high-tack transparent adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of paper products, including heavy grades of paper. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in web applications at temperatures are high as 400°F/200°C.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3177 prevents broke contamination for non-repulpable masking tape. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, FDA complaint 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180 for components of paper and paperboard in contact with foods.