- Repulpable construction eliminates need to remove splice from waste and prevents contamination of paper mill broke
- Heat-resistant adhesive helps reduce splice failure due in high drying oven temperatures
- Thin, strong backing is ideal for butt splicing or sealing leading or trailing edges on uncoated or highly starched paper grades
- Plastic film (UPVC) liner helps assist with tape application and preservation of the adhesive prior to dispensing
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/204°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processes
- Backing is printable and accepts most inks and coatings
3M™ Repulpable Single Coated Splicing Tape 901 is a semi-bleached kraft paper coated splicing tape comprised of a repulpable backing and adhesive mounted on a translucent red plastic film liner. It is primarily used for butt splicing and to tape lip and tail on unfinished splices.
- Butt splicing
- Taping the lip and tail on finished splices
- Sealing leading or trailing edges of uncoated or highly starched paper grades
3M™ Repulpable Single Coated Splicing Tape 901 features a light green repulpable adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength and affinity to cellulose fibers. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure due to high drying oven temperatures in order to help save money by reducing down time. Because of this resistance, this tape performs in web applications at temperatures are high as 400°F/204°C. This adhesive is ideal for uncoated and bleached papers.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™ Repulpable Single Coated Splicing Tape 901 prevents broke contamination for non-repulpable splice material. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A.