- Repulpable tape meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213 procedure A
- Designed for core starting, roll closing and temporary splicing applications
- High tack adhesive ensures fast, easy and reliable core starting to help increase productivity
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under FDA 21 CFR 176.170 and FDA 21 CFR 176.180
- Helps eliminate risk of contaminating paper mill broke
- High shear strength produces high strength splices with improved runnability
- Stable product construction delivers reliable performance in all climates
3M™ Repulpable Heavy Duty Double Coated Tape R3287 is a white, double sided tape with a paper carrier coated with a high tack, high shear strength, repulpable adhesive. This tape has an easy release, repulpable liner for ease of use in manual, semi-automated and automated dispensing applications. It is an ideal choice for various core starting, roll closing and temporary splicing applications.
Easy release liner
Core Starting and Roll Closing Solutions Made Easy
3M™ Repulpable Heavy Duty Double Coated Tape R3287 is a white, tissue backed, double sided tape. It features a high tack repulpable adhesive provided on a repulpable easy-release paper liner. This ensures ease of use in manual, semi-automated and automated dispensing applications. This tape will perform over a broad range of conditions and climates, from cold and dry to hot and humid.
Repulpable construction means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper.All components of the adhesive and backing also meet the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180.
Repulpable material won't contaminate paper mill broke, reducing downtime
- Core starting
- Roll closing/tabbing
- Temporary pull through splicing on coated and uncoated papers and celluosic materials
- Zero speed splicing at sheeting and other paper converting operations
3M™ Repulpable Heavy Duty Double Coated Tape R3287 is coated with an aggressive, high tack, pressure sensitive, repulpable adhesive that offers high adhesion to a wide variety of papers. This adhesive performs over a wide temperature range up to 400°F (204°C) for most paper grades. For optimum results, a firm, even rub down pressure must be applied to the taped area to create the best possible adhesion between the tape and paper surface. A plastic squeegee (3M™ Hand Applicator PA1) or similar tool can help achieve the proper uniform pressure.