- High tack, high shear strength adhesive for flying splice and core starting applications
- Completely repulpable construction so no need to remove splice from waste: meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180
- Excellent heat resistance up to 400°F (204°C)
3M™ Repulpable Flying Splice Tape 906W is designed for flying splices at the off-machine coater (OMC) in paper mills. This tape is furnished on an easy-release, semi-bleached repulpable paper liner.
An Industry Standard for Flying Splices
3M™ Repulpable Tape 906W has been an industry standard for flying splices because if provides high initial wet grab and excellent shear strength. This 3 mil (0.075 mm) white tape features a lightweight tissue coated on both sides with a high tack, high shear strength, repulpable adhesive and is on a repulpable easy-release paper liner. Tape offers excellent heat resistance up to 400°F (204°C).
Prevents Broke Contamination from Non-Repulpable Splice Material
- Flying splice at off-machine coater
- Splicing tape on automatic splicing equipment
Repulpable construction means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper. All components of the adhesive and backing meet the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180. 3M™ Repulpable Tape 906W is not recommended for finished roll splices or where oozing and bleeding may occur.
Keep the Equipment Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, our products have been at work in paper mills and printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done. From paper web splicing to plate mounting and packaging the finished job, you can rely on us for solutions and service throughout your operation.
Learn more about 3M masking and surface protection products here.
(PDF, 2.18 Mb)