- Strong backing for butt splicing
- Excellent heat resistance up to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Repulpable adhesive and liner won’t contaminate paper mill broke so no need to remove splice from waste: meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180
- Blue color makes splice easily identifiable
3M™ Printable Repulpable Single Coated Splicing Tape 9103 is a blue kraft paper with a blue, repulpable adhesive on an easy-release liner. It is primarily used for butt splicing coated paper and board at the re-reeler and winders.
Rupulpable Means No Broke Contamination
- Butt splices at the re-reeler prior to off-machine coating of fine papers
- Butt splices at the winder
- Butt splices on web offset printers
Repulpable construction means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper.
All components of the adhesive and backing meet the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, our products have been at work in paper mills and printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done. From paper web splicing to plate mounting and packaging the finished job, you can rely on us for solutions and service throughout your operation.
Productivity and performance throughout paper mills and printing plants
(PDF, 3.17 Mb)