- Provides easy removal and high temperature resistance
- Removes cleanly at bake temperatures up to 325°F (163°C)
- Thick crepe paper backing resists bleed-through for clean paint lines
- Adhesive bonds instantly to help keep tape in place without lifting or curling
- Strong backing is easy to tear and provides one-piece removal
3M™ Premium High Temperature Masking Tape 2393 was designed as a high-temperature, smooth crepe paper masking tape for applications where easy removal after bake is important. This heat resistant mini crepe paper tape is made for high temperature paint-bake operations up to 325°F (163°C) to lift off cleanly afterward.
This tape's crepe paper backing provides heat resistance while preventing paint bleed-through
Quick, Clean Removal
3M™ Premium High Temperature Masking Tape 2393 features easy, one-piece removal in paint masking applications involving high solids paints and clear coats used in the transportation industry. Its heavy, heat resistant mini crepe paper backing stands up to high temperature paint-bake operations and its rubber adhesive provides the clean removal in temperatures up to 325°F (163°C).
3M™ Premium High Temperature Masking Tape 2393 has a special adhesive that adheres to and removes easily from both metal and plastic. The tape can be removed hot, warm or cold from most surfaces without leaving adhesive residue. Our rubber adhesive gives you instant grab that sticks easily and allows fast application. It resists lifting or curling. This tape can be certified for ASTM-D6123/D6123M97.
What is Masking Tape?
- High heat paint masking in the automotive industry
- Areas requiring easy removal, such as wide width, roofs, B-Pillars
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.