- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high shear strength adhesive and offers a high level of resistance to scratches, tears, erosion and punctures
- This HS tape is available in matte clear, 36118 Gray, 36173 Gray, 36251 Gray, 36270 Gray, 36320 Gray and 36375 Gray
- Conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8681HS is a 18 mil, leading edge erosion protection tape comprised of a tough polyurethane backing and a high shear acrylic adhesive. It strongly resists punctures, tearing and abrasion. This tape is qualified to aerospace specifications.
Help prevent structural damage to helicopter rotor blades with minimal effect on blade track and balance
Resists Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8681HS is a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection. With strong scratch, tear, erosion and puncture resistance that comes from the thick polyurethane backing, this tape also includes a high shear strength acrylic adhesive. It can withstand a wide variety of difficult conditions, including rain and sand erosion. This tape is available in matte clear, 36118 Gray, 36173 Gray, 36251 Gray, 36270 Gray, 36320 Gray and 36375 Gray. It can be applied efficiently in aircraft and rotorcraft production and maintenance.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.