- Formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light
- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high peel strength and is abrasion, scratch, erosion, tear and puncture resistant
- Thin and conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
- Available in transparent and glossy black
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8672 is an 8 mil, leading edge erosion protection tape comprised of a tough polyurethane backing and an acrylic adhesive. It resists punctures, tearing and abrasion, and resists ultraviolet light. This tape is qualified to aerospace specifications. The tape is available in transparent and glossy black.
General purpose, outdoor grade polyurethane tape with acrylic adhesive protects paint, plastic, and metal
Resists Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8672 is a transparent and glossy black thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection. With scratch, tear, erosion and puncture resistance that comes from the polyurethane backing, this tape also includes a high peel strength acrylic adhesive. It can withstand a wide variety of difficult conditions, including rain and sand erosion. It is formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light. The tape can be applied efficiently in aircraft production and maintenance. If you're looking for a formed 3D part that offers similar levels of protection, consult our selection of 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Boots.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.
For Better UV Stability, See 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8673