- Outdoor grade polyurethane protective tape with acrylic adhesive and tear resistant poly liner
- Formulated for ultraviolet light resistance
- Designed with a high peel strength
- Resists abrasion, scratches, erosion, tears and punctures
- Thin and conformable tape applies easily and conforms over curved surfaces
- Can be painted over or applied to painted surfaces
- Adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
- Used for aircraft and windmill leading edge protection
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8671P is a polyurethane elastomer that resists punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion. It is formulated especially for resistance to ultraviolet light and provides protection from corrosion, abrasion and minor impact damage. This tape is constructed with a long-aging, solvent-resistant, pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive protected by an easy-release liner.
Protect surfaces from abrasion and erosion caused by rocks, dirt, debris and rain
Adhere with Acrylic
This tape features a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive that adheres effectively to a variety of substrates. Once bonded this adhesive will provide high, secure adhesion for extended periods. This acrylic adhesive maintains its bond strength through a range of climate and temperature changes. When needed, this tape removes easily.
Learn More about 3M Aerospace Surface Protection Portfolio
(PDF, 3.02 Mb)
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.