- Formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light
- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high shear strength adhesive and is abrasion, scratch, erosion, tear and puncture resistant
- Thin and conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8671HS is a 14 mil, leading edge erosion protection tape comprised of a tough polyurethane backing and an acrylic adhesive. It resists punctures, tearing and abrasion, and it also resists ultraviolet light. This tape is qualified for aerospace specifications.
Protect surfaces from abrasion and erosion caused by rocks, dirt, debris and rain
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.
Learn More about 3M Aerospace Surface Protection Portfolio
(PDF, 3.02 Mb)