- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high peel strength and is resistant to minor abrasion, scratch, erosion, tear and puncture
- Indoor grade polyurethane tape
- Comes with a long-aging solvent resistant adhesive
- Thin and conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8561 is a 14 mil, leading edge erosion protection tape comprised of a tough polyurethane backing and an acrylic adhesive. It offers minor resistance to punctures, tearing and abrasion. This indoor polyurethane tape is qualified to aerospace specifications. This tape comes with a long-aging solvent resistant adhesive.
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8561 is a transparent thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection
Resists Minor Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8561 is a transparent thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection. It features minor scratch, tear, erosion and puncture resistance that comes from the polyurethane backing. The 8561 comes with a polyethylene liner. It can withstand a wide variety of difficult conditions. The tape can be applied efficiently in aircraft production and maintenance.
3M's Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how 3M executes the never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. 3M brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of 3M products, 3M has a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.
Learn More about 3M Aerospace Surface Protection Portfolio
(PDF, 3.02 Mb)
|Advance Composite Protection
||8657DL 8658DL 8145GT 8663
||8673 8674 8671 8672 8667HS
|Rotor Blade Protection
||8545 8542 8681HS 8663HS