- High strength bonding to replace mechanical fasteners and rivets
- Permanently elastic to allow joint movement
- 50-60 minute skin time; paintable, once skin forms
- Good UV resistance
- One component, moisture-curing sealant simplifies production
- Bonds dissimilar materials for increased design flexibility
- Gap filling capability
- Features mid-range Shore A hardness
3M™ Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant 560 is a high-strength, single-component, moisture-curing, gap-filling polyurethane adhesive that creates high strength bonds on a wide variety of materials including plastics, metals, fiberglass and wood.
Paintable after Skin Forms for Improved Appearance
- Panel bonding
- Attaching exterior panels and metal framework
- Vehicle flooring attachment
- Transportation manufacturing (bus, rail, truck, trailer)
- Replacement of mechanical fasteners in many situations
3M™ Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant 560 offers an alternative to mechanical fasteners and can replace rivets in some applications. It will bond dissimilar substrates and a wide selection of materials. This adhesive will perform in temperatures ranging from -40°F/-40°C to 194°F/90°C. Once skin forms (50-60 minutes), the sealant can be painted to improve the final finish.
Understanding Polyurethane Sealants
Polyurethane sealants provide strong, flexible durable elastomeric bonds that seal against the elements. These sealants excel in challenging industrial, transportation and construction applications. Polyurethane sealants are available in a wide variety of Shore A hardness, open time and colors to meet many application needs. Choose a 3M Manual
Applicator for dispensing 3M adhesives sealant cartridges and 400ml/600ml sausage packs.
Choose a 3M Pneumatic Applicator for ergonomic application
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Click here for more information on 3M™ Adhesive Sealants.
(PDF, 797.43 Kb)